HSA 599 Week 7 Case Study 2
Week 7 – Case Study 2: Health Care Needs Real Competition
Due in Week 7 and Worth 350 points
The U. S. health care system is inefficient, unreliable, and crushingly expensive. There is no shortage of proposed solutions, and health care needs more competition. In other sectors, competition improves quality and efficiency, spurs innovation, and drives down costs. All stakeholders in the health care industry – regulators, providers, insurers, employers, and patients themselves — have roles to play in creating real competition and positive change. In particular, five catalysts will accelerate progress: put patients at the center of care, create choice, stop rewarding volume, standardize value-based methods of payment, and make data on outcomes transparent. Review the article at https://hbr.org/2016/12/health-care-needs-real-competition
For this assignment, continue your role as the administrator of the health care organization in your local area.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Create a mission and vision statement for your organization. Determine three (3) specific strategic goals that align with the ideals in those two (2) statements.
- Recommend one (1) specific adaptive strategy or combination of adaptive strategies that would be most effective in ensuring that the organization achieves its strategic goals. Support your recommendation with examples of the successful application of the recommended strategy or strategies.
- Outline three (3) service delivery and three (3) support components that will be necessary elements of the organization’s value chain geared toward achieving the strategic goals that you identified. Examine, in detail, the main reasons why the delivery and support components of the value chain that you identified are essential to the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Suggest one (1) specific approach to maintaining the selected adaptive strategy or strategies in order to ensure that the organization achieves its mission and vision.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of your paper, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Examine the organizational value chain, including the components of the service delivery and support activities.
- Analyze the roles of and the relationships among organizational mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, and why they are called directional strategies.
- Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
- Examine the nature of directional, adaptive, market entry, and competitive strategies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.