ECO 415 WEEK 5 COMPLETE,
ECO 415 WEEK 5 COMPLETE
ECO 415 Week 5 Learning Team Sustainability PowerPoint® Presentation and Paper
Select one of the companies from the following list and investigate its commitment to and performance in sustainable business:
· Pepsi-Cola Company™
· Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.™
· Starbuck’s Coffee® Company
· Barnes & Noble®
· Amazon.com, Inc. ©
· Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. ©
· Dell Inc. ©
· The Walt Disney Company©
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper in which you:
· Define sustainability.
· Explain why sustainability is important for financial success.
· Evaluate the selected business in terms of sustainability, addressing the following:
o Identify its financial and non-financial stakeholders.
o Describe how economic and non-economic business decisions may negatively or positively affect stakeholders.
o Explain how those decisions may affect profits when stakeholder reactions are taken into account.
o Identify ways in which the selected business is succeeding and ways in which it is falling short in terms of sustainability.
o Compare the selected business to other businesses within the same industry in terms of sustainability. Consider at least one of the following:
· Commitment to environmental issues
· Company and employee relations
· Commitment to the communities in which the company operates
· Product design
Create a sustainability strategy for the selected business:
· Identify ways in which it may expand upon current or past sustainability successes.
· Identify opportunities for turning sustainability shortcomings into areas of sustainability growth.
· Identify ways to improve stakeholder relationships.
Explain how specific actions and policies must be implemented.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation highlighting your paper.
ECO 415 Week 5 DQ 1
On what ethical, moral, or social grounds would you make a management decision that would lead to decreased profits? Cite a specific example and explain why your decision would be appropriate.
ECO 415 Week 5 DQ 2
What will the sustainability movement look like over the next 20 years? What issues do you expect to take center stage? How will business respond?