CIS 560 Physical Access Security
Physical Access Security
Using Google News, search for the term "physical security breach." Locate three separate
news articles on the search topic that were posted within the last five days.
To complete this exercise, please complete the following:
1. For each of the three articles you selected, summarize the attack. Include the date of the attack, the type
of attack, who or what was affected, as well as any reported loss of revenue or personally identifiable
2. Describe what steps are or were taken to mitigate the attack or to resolve the issue.
3. Determine whether the attack was preventable in each case. Based on your experience, explain why or
why not. If you feel any of the attacks were preventable, please list what steps could have been taken.
4. Outline physical access security best practices and how these steps could have been used to prevent the
attacks listed in the three articles.
5. Provide a screenshot that includes the article's name and the date it was published, along with a valid
URL for each of the three articles.