BUS 517 Assignment Project Proposal Initiating and Planning
Project Proposal: Initiating and Planning
This is the first of three assignments which, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project.
You have been selected to be the Project Manager for a project of your choice. The project you decide to use must be one of a professional nature and must last for at least twelve months. In addition, the project should meet the key criteria of a project, such as:
- Has a beginning and an end.
- Results in something being delivered to someone.
- Requires a series of activities that must be done to complete the project
- Requires resources (e.g., people, materials) to complete the work.
Note: You are prohibited from using projects that can be found on the Internet, including projects found in places like CourseHero. All project submissions are submitted to SafeAssign for review.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you define the scope of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Describe at least three project goals and three project objectives.
- Identify the key customer(s) and at least two stakeholders for your project. Remember, you are delivering the project to your customer(s); however, there are others (stakeholders) who have a vested interest in your project.
- Describe at least three key milestones and/or deliverables for your project.
- Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines.
- Estimate the project’s overall cost and any key staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate corporate strategy and the project life cycle phases to define the project and initiate a project plan.