BUS 490 Week 4 Assignment 1,
BUS 490 Week 4 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Preparing a Comprehensive Case Analysis, Part 1
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Research a public corporation that you believe is not doing as well as it could in the marketplace. For this first paper, you will complete the first steps of a comprehensive written analysis as described in Part 6 of the textbook. The written analysis will be completed in the second written assignment in this course.
Write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
1. Identify the firm’s existing objectives and strategies.
2. Explain one (1) strategy that the company might use to take advantage of an external opportunity, and one (1) strategy that the company might use to address a potential threat.
3. Construct a Competitive Profile Matrix. Include the company you are researching and one or two (1 or 2) of its major competitors and at least six (6) success factors that you believe to be critical to success in this industry. This Matrix should follow the format of the examples in Chapter 3.
4. Construct an External Factor Evaluation Matrix. This Matrix should follow the format of the examples in Chapter 3.
5. Research and cite at least three (3) reputable, academic sources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain the concepts and models of the strategic management process, including strategy formulation, implementation, and evaluation.
Conduct an industry analysis (external audit) and an internal audit of an organization, and present the results using various matrices and analysis tools.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in business policy.
Write clearly and concisely about business policy using proper writing mechanics.