CIS 525 Week 6 Case Study 1,
Case Study 1: Success with Agile Project Management in General Dynamics
Due Week 6 and worth 110 points
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Speculate on the prominent reasons General Dynamics selected the agile framework they did to use in this project.
- Identify the major business problems the project team tried to solve. Analyze the manner in which the project team applied the agile project management techniques to ensure they delivered the project on time, on budget with good quality.
- Give your opinion if you agree with the approach(es) identified in Question 2. Justify your response.
- Analyze the manner in which the project teams and coaches master the agile methodology to solve business problems. Determine the approach that you believe is the most effective. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine whether or not the agile approach produced more business benefits than a traditional project management approach. Justify your response.
- Provide your opinion on the agile coach’s role in this case and determine if the coach is critical to the success of the project. Support your answer.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and differentiate among the different agile project delivery frameworks.
- Develop agile project management solutions to solve a business problem.
- Describe the role of agile coaches and required leadership attributes.
- Explain how agile teams and coaches master agile project management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in advanced agile project management topics.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced agile project management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.