BUS 302 Week 6 ASSIGNMENT 2
Imagine you have are working with a partner to plan and host a workshop on leadership. Your boss has asked you to choose a partner to work with to create this workshop. Based on your strengths from your Strengths Finder Assessment, you want a partner who will complement your strengths, perhaps someone who has opposite strengths of yours or perhaps someone who has similar strengths (this is your choice!).
This is a PowerPoint Assignment. If you are unfamiliar with PowerPoint, review the following optional articles and videos that detail creating a PowerPoint presentation.
- “Create your first PowerPoint 2013 presentation” by Microsoft, found athttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/create-your-first-powerpoint-2013-presentation-RZ102925085.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102809627.
- “Top Ten Slide Tips” by Garr Reynolds, found athttp://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/.
- “Top 10 Best Practices When Using PowerPoint for Presentations” found athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtygW25vj_I.
Write a five to seven (5-7) slide narrated PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Please list 2-3 of your strengths based on theStrengths Finder Assessment from the book you took in Week 3. Then describe 2-3 complementary strengths from the Strengths Finder book you would like your partner to have for this task, and why.
- Explain how the strengths you have chosen for your partner would complement your strengths.
- Identify the two leadership points you would want to share at the workshop, and discuss why you selected those points.
- Address two additional leadership traits that can assist in managing conflict and improve communication within the organization.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and at least one (1) relevant graphic (photograph, graph, clip art, etc.). Ensure that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from up to 18 feet away.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the primary functions of management (planning, organizing, leading, controlling) and the associated skills, tools, and theoretical approaches that can be used to accomplish these functions.
- Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various business- and corporate-level strategies.
- Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
- Describe actions to improve communications, manage conflict, develop strong organizational culture, and improve the ethical behavior in organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.